Looking for Help With Energy?
|Please be aware that due to the COVID 19 outbreak, there may be delays with paper billings at the moment.|
Citizens Advice Lancashire West have been delivering energy advice since 2012 and are proud members of National Energy Action (www.nea.org.uk) who are working to end fuel poverty.
Energy Advice Programme
Our Energy Advice Programme provides assistance with a wide range of issues relating to gas and electric supply.
Our trained Energy Advisers are able to help with:
- Understanding your current contract
- Issues with payments
- Understanding bills and statements
- Finding the best deals to help minimise fuel costs
- Help with switching tariffs and suppliers
- Issues with Smart meters
- Energy saving tips
- Solving problems with your supplier and helping to make a complaint.
- Grants and Schemes to improve energy efficiency
One of our Energy team will get back to you as soon as we can.
Citizens Advice Energy Comparison Tool
To find tariffs that may help you reduce the cost of your energy bills: Citizens Advice Energy Comparison tool
Information leaflets & booklets
- Energy Advice: How to understand energy and save money: Energy Advice
- Switching Supplier: Helpful tips and information for getting the best deal: Switching Supplier
- Energy Efficiency: Information & links to Energy Saving and ECO grants: Energy Efficiency
- Getting help: Ways to find help if you’re struggling with your energy bills: Getting Help
Ways to reduce energy usage
Warm Home Discount
This is a one-off discount on your electricity bill between September and March every year. Check to see if you’re eligible: Warm Home Discount Scheme
Cold Weather Payments
During cold weather you may be eligible for Cold Weather Payments. Check to see if you’re eligible: Cold Weather Payments
Winter Fuel Payments
These are payments made to those who have reached state pension age and eligible. For more details: Winter Fuel Payments
Oil Fuel Heating
If you use heating oil for fuel, you can find help and advice on the UKIFDA website: ukifda.org/consumers/
Switching is more difficult if you use oil to heat your home. Information about Oil-Buying Groups is available from ACRE: acre.org.uk/rural-issues/oil-buying