Job Opportunities

Working for Citizens Advice Lancashire West

View our current job opportunities, apply online and find out more about working for Citizens Advice Lancashire.

Current Job Opportunities

Trainee Debt Adviser

Background

MaPS are expecting a 60% increase in the need for debt advice by the end of 2021 as a consequence of COVID-19 and the economic downturn. Before COVID-19 demand for debt advice was huge and MaPS’ ambitions were to increase the number of clients receiving debt advice.

In response to this MaPS have secured £16 million to increase the capacity of debt advice by offering funding to onboard 500 new trainee debt advisers to the sector. MaPS are disbursing this funding in two ways. 60% of the funding will be awarded directly to lead organisations such as Citizens Advice, with the remaining 40% being externally commissioned.

Citizens Advice has been offered significant funding to now bring on board a total of 135 trainees which will be cascaded to existing participants as well as participants that aren’t currently in receipt of funding under this project, helping us to spread our footprint and help more clients in more locations.

Before COVID-19 Citizens Advice was the largest lead organisation that MaPS funded for debt advice. We support 300,000 clients a year and last year our service provided support to clients with £0.5 billion of debts.

The service is currently delivered by 114 participants (which includes 9 Independent Advice Agencies) delivering local debt advice. We also deliver national facing services such as our telephone contact centres (delivered by 2 local Citizens Advice), Webchat (delivered by 11 local Citizens Advice) and 1 Debt Relief Order processing unit (delivered by 1 local Citizens Advice). We also have an overflow telephone service delivered in partnership with the Money Advice Trust.

Vacancy details and how to apply

We therefore have an opportunity to join the debt team as a Trainee Debt Adviser to start early December 2020.

The salary is £22,440.00 for 37 hours.

The post will initially be funded to 31 March 2021 but it is expected to be extended to 12 months (from the start date) before the end of March 2021.

The vacancy will close at noon on 11 November 2021.

Interviews will be held on 12th November 2021.

This post will initially be located as “working from home” due to Covid 19 epidemic, however, once we resume work in the offices you could be asked to assist clients anywhere within our geographical area of benefit by phone, video link or face to face.

If you you would like an application pack Please email sboocock@calw.org.uk


Volunteer Roles at Citizens Advice Lancashire West

We have a number of Volunteer Roles available at our offices in Chorley, South Ribble (Leyland), West Lancashire (Skelmersdale) Wyre (Fleetwood) and Blackburn with Darwen.

You can see all our volunteer roles here.